consulting – Digideo advices on business, IT and ecommerce solutions
Do we need a strategy? Do we need to have a market intelligence competency?
Yes, it is really important nowadays:
- detailed plan,
- fast implementation,
- fast reaction on changes
- and most boring – process analysis, testing and optimisation, and once again implementation into real operations
Is it a something more difficult than commercial creation or any promotional gadget preparation?
The answer is YES.
Why is it so important?
Because it gives a short and long term strength for your company.
Why is it so unique and most marketing agencies don’t want to propose it to its clients?
Because they want to present fast solutions for marketing departments – a beautiful commercial on the first page in newspaper. But what about customers? What do they need?
Yesterday I read a great article about Generation Y born 1980-1996 and “Cool brands stay hot”
It looks that not only me and my friends are overloaded with information, the same marketing tactics and push sales.
Digideo’s marketing strategy process looks very fast:
1. questions and questions – Every industry has its own specifics. Every company has a different situation – internally and externally, its age and development potentials. It means every company is unique and needs unique solutions:
- what you did previously? how?
- what results did you achieve from specific actions?
- how much is the new customer acquisition?
- what is the retention?
- how much does your client pay you in average?
- what is the cost of serving this customer? – it is a very rare knowledge. Simply many companies don’t know this cost. I can analyse it as well.
- what services you have?
- what services did you customer use more often?
- did you try to contact your previous customers that used your services?
- who else is in your environment? contractors, subcontractors, the supply chain, etc?
2. meeting with key employees
3. clarifying the goal and the scope of strategy after interviews
4. analyzing the situation: including competitors, SWOT
5. building strategy for particular goal with measures and KPI for processes
6. creating the high level strategy implementation plan = like a project plan with measures
It will take 2-4 weeks for small companies. For huge multinational companies – 2-3 months.
Why is it important to spend a time for it?
1. it gives you a direction, vision and knowledge about yourself and competition, environment around you
2. it sets goals and plan how to achieve them
3. it can look at your processes from outside and help in better performance, cost cutting for example
4. it will help in analyzing you current activities – ROI, efficiency, quality and result for company
5. and many others
1. TIME – yes – you need to find a time for me, for this job
2. COST – yes – it costs
3. changing environment – yes – it has to be reviewed after a particular period of time – half a year or quarter.
How to create a successful website – It is a common question. Every day we are being asked for helping in making it happen.
Some people think that only search engine optimization is a key for success.
Guys, it is not true.
STEP 1: Start by creating a basic road map.
This will help you in keeping the directions and your dreams together. Keep in mind that this is an evolutionary process. You can change it and modify. The most important thing is to start doing it. The visions and dreams are really important but building a great website, portal or online shop like e-bay, Amazon or onet.pl takes years. Please remember it. Evolution is the best solution at the beginning. Start small and grow big.
STEP 2: Determine what the main goal for your website is:
- informative about you, your current or future business,
- a lead generation to concrete group of clients,
- content sharing, etc.
Each goal requires different tools, skills and investment of time, money. It can be a hybrid of many goals but please remember to start with realistic goals for you and your resources. Building some tools require a time ( 6-12 months) and money.
STEP 3: Once you choose your goals we can concentrate on designing your website:
- do you have your logo, visual identity
- what is your style – colors, behavior, clothes
- what are your clients that you have already and you would like to have
- what other websites you like and enjoy
- tools to drive traffic into your website or online shop
- and many other detailed questions
STEP 4: We present designs, layout of major pages for you, some tools:
like sliders, video or photo galleries, forms, quizzes and others that are in the scope of your initial project.
STEP 5: Development
Once you approve the designs a typical agency will start working on coding and development of your website or online shop.
STEP 6: Tools creation or configuration to help drive the right traffic to your website.
The web is a very competitive space- over 11 billion web pages, so you need to be strategic in deciding what works best for you. Some of these tools include search engine marketing, e-mail marketing, social media marketing and search engine optimization. We help in:
- newsletter configuration
- linking to most popular e-mail marketing tools like mailchimp, getresponse.com or Polish freshmail.
- setting social media: Facebook fanpage, Youtube channel, twitter, etc.
- setting web statistics
STEP 7: The time to decide how and where you’re going to spend your (limited) marketing budget.
At the beginning your website, domain is unknown. You need to start with some SEO elements:
- adding urls to most common search engines ( we can help in it)
- adding good content with key words you would like to be searched
- adding meta descriptions and alt descriptions to your pages, photos and videos
STEP 8: If you have budget, it would be good to start also:
- paid search activities to promote your website.
- adding your website to some professional catalogs
- adding your online shop to price comparison portals like ceneo.pl, nokaut.pl
- adding some offers into allegro.pl or any other partner portal
These activities depend on your main goal, budget and strategy.
Some tools work very well for online shops, some work better for websites and portals.
STEP 9: At the end what is the most important? CONTENT and CHANGES
You need to spend time to build your brand, your website, products to change it frequently. Please apply what you learn from your web metrics. These include page views, length of visits, traffic volume and trends, and you should study them to improve your site’s content, navigation and performance.
This enables you to offer a better experience to your visitors and create a successful website.
Good luck! Of course we can help:)
No man is an island, entire of itself every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were any man’s death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls it tolls for thee. ~ John Donne
It is a great beginning of our understanding what the social network means.
Not only online social network but overall – our family, close friends, friends from school, from work, friends from our societies, people that we meet everyday on the street and on our way to work.
We are connected.
What is the main goal of social network?
1. deeper relationship or
2. better understanding of ourselves and brands
3. building our image or keeping it
4. getting more relations?
I think these are the main goals of being there – in facebook, twitter, goldenline, linkedin, pinterest.com etc.
the question is what our strategy should be in such world
Think about it positively
It can help you in your life by: getting better products, better services, better customers, better knowledge, trusted reviews.
Of course you can feel some manipulation. But you are wise and you will know when it happens.
Not all companies want to spend their money in social network because of time, because of difficulty to maintain the interest.
We have the same problems. On the other hand our clients and friends prefer get better information form time to time.
Maybe your clients would like to get it on quarterly basis for example.
Try to understand their needs and expectations. They will come back to you.
Nobody like spamming.
Some nice videos that present social media and customer vs. producer relationship.
Sometimes it is really simple – Listen, Communicate, Share, Help others.
To create your own social media strategy consider the below 6 steps:
- Educate yourself with social media: social networking sites, blogs, wikis, community forums and RSS syndication. Business leaders are experimenting with new methods to communicate in a bi-directional exchange, and to engage the customer to share knowledge.
- Determine whether your target market is getting social. Many types of products and services, online reviews become the most sought after and trusted source for accelerating buyer education and short-listing product finalists.
- Find out how to align your strategic objectives with social media tools and technologies. For example if your objectives include increasing the marketing budget ROI, generating more qualified leads, growing customer share or decreasing customer churn, you should be able to find a direct and measurable link between social media tools and achieving your objectives.
- Leverage case studies and the successes of others to replicate your own social media accomplishments.
- Start a blog. Social customers want open and transparent access to the executive ranks of their solution providers. Blog is a simple and effective communication channel to engage your target market and make the social relationship with customers.
- Start using crm software and linkage to social media portals like twitter clients below:
- TweetDeck, www.tweetdeck.com
- Tweetie, www.atebits.com
- HootSuite, www.hootsuite.com
- Twhirl, www.twhirl.org
- Twitterfon, www.twitterfon.net
- Seesmic, www.seesmic.com
- Ping.fm, www.ping.fm
- UberTwitter, www.ubertwitter.com
- Twitterrific, www.twitterrific.com
- TwitterFox, www.twitterfox.net
- twAitter, www.twaitter.com
Good tips about social media from other blogs:
Delivering an e-commerce project with success is not an easy task. E-commerce project management is complicated, with many potential challenges involved.
Last couple of months, we worked on several e-commerce projects, and there was always a problem with understanding the complexity on my client’s side.
We had to start with education and some initial planning first.
Very often, we get an inquiry that our potential client wants to have an online shop:
- he has an xxx budget but
- there is no list of requirements – “please tell me what I need and what the best solution is for me.”
- only it should look beautiful and professional.
- it should have this and this payment gateway and this and this shipping method
- it has to be done in 1-2 months
There are some elements you need to consider once you decide to invest your time and money in a new online shop:
- Project planning and resourcing
- Stakeholder support and managing expectations
- Defining requirements
- Supplier selection and service levels of support ( very often missed)
Consumers do not tolerate lousy web experiences anymore. Quite only, you have to do it in the right way.
Small and medium businesses
always have many constraints: time, money, capacity. But small businesses are most flexible and adaptive to any changes in the environment.
The main problem is choosing the best platform and solution. Such medium should be prepared for at leats two years of operating.
- There are hundreds of solutions that can be used here
- The solution should be flexible and adaptable to new conditions, like social media sales, mobile sales
- start-ups simply don’t know what to expect from the solution, what basic features should be implemented
- Because it is difficult to migrate to a new platform from time to time and predict the increase in sales in the next 1-2 years.
Digideo helps with analyzing e-commerce solutions and propose the best one.
The next step is to choose the right supplier. You need to prepare the evaluation list with some points that are important for you: secure, experienced, professional, reliable, registered, no dept, international, local, global, with support 24/7 days or not, etc.
Why is it so important? Our experience shows that there are many unreliable suppliers, freelancers that can hurt your business. Recently we helped our clients to fix security gaps and backdoors left by such developers.
Please remember that it is a really insecure and dangerous situation for your customers, too. Somebody can steal their credit card numbers and personal data.
Client-side professionals can play a significant role in the whole process:
- Find the right supplier for your business
- Manage internal expectations and set realistic expectations
- Deliver on time and on-budget
- Deliver a return on investment – yes, it is a massive investment of time
Now we can start the project:
- collect requirements
- setting a project plan
- managing project
Supplier-side professionals play a crucial role during the whole project:
- Building credibility through a more customer-centric approach
- Reducing client churn, increase customer retention
- Delivering on time and budget
We help with all these steps. Please look at our project management offer.