Succeeding with eCommerce platform migration
ECommerce is not a simple case now. You know it very well if you are an online shop owner. It is a complex environment of using different tools for sales, shipment, payments, lead generation, lead nurturing, various marketplaces and marketing tools, like for example ads, social media, cart abandoning or customer reviews collection.
It is also not easy to migrate to a newer platform or upgrade your current platform to the newest version. We know it very well.
Sometimes it requires a huge analysis and really huge investment to migrate.
Most of our clients had to upgrade most of their extensions, rebuild various APIs connections and spend a lot of time and money for data migration.
Once the decision to re-platform your existing business has been taken, we will guide you through the entire process:
- Develop a strategy: First, we will help you set and prioritize your goals, develop a project roadmap, and define your budget and timetable. We use an agile scrum project management for bigger shops because it is always something unexpected to move that somebody forget about.
- Get everyone on board: we will help you create a strong, responsive cross-departmental team for project reviews and decision-making purposes. Throughout the project, we will also help you to manage expectations by clearly communicating goals and success metrics to all parties involved.
- Select the technology: While there likely is no single platform that does it all, we will help you to select the one that best fits your business needs.
- Create a proof of concept: We will make sure you are on the right track by putting your functional and technical assumptions to the test with your target audience before development starts. We will ask you to fulfill our questionnaire with hundreds of questions.
- Plan the launch date carefully: Since re-platforming will most likely cause KPIs to drop temporarily, it is important to consider the best possible launch date. We will help you pick the right season and moment in your sales cycle.
- Test, analyze, and improve: Once the new platform is in place, we will help you test and analyze overall performance, front, and back-end functionality and third-party solution integration to ensure everything works according to plan. We will also support regular A/B and multivariate tests to further optimize the performance of your business. As well as we propose our technical support for your shop maintenance.
Struggling with the decision to re-platform? Get additional, pertinent information. Download our latest complimentary white paper below on the benefits and challenges of migration to a new platform.
Interested in migration to the new platform and looking for a partner who has the proven experience and expertise to guide you successfully through the entire process?
Call or email us. We’ll be happy to help.