- Reporting is the process of organizing data into informational summaries in order to monitor how different areas of a business are performing.
- Analysis is the process of exploring data and reports in order to extract meaningful, actionable insights, which can be used to better understand and improve business performance.
The three main types of reporting that we can prepare for you, are:
- Custom reports. These are the out-of-the-box and custom reports that you can access within the analytics tool or which can also be delivered on a recurring basis to a group of end users. Such reports are fairly static with fixed metrics and dimensions. In general, some canned reports are more valuable than others, and a report’s value may depend on how relevant it is to an individual’s role (SEO specialist versus web producer).
- Dashboards. These custom-made reports combine different KPIs assigned for your business and reports to provide a comprehensive, high-level view of business performance for specific audiences. Dashboards may include data from various data sources and are also usually fairly static. Typically we prepare web statistics and digital marketing dashboards for all marketing activities, including multi-channel activities
- Alerts. These conditional reports are triggered when data falls outside of expected ranges or some other predefined criteria are met. Once people are notified of what happened, they can take appropriate action as necessary. It can be also done for website, eCommerce solutions monitoring.
Some business questions are more complex in nature and require more time to perform a comprehensive, deep-dive analysis.
These analysis projects result in a more formal deliverable, which includes two important sections: key findings and recommendations. The key findings highlight the most meaningful and actionable insights collected from the analyses performed. The recommendations provide guidance on what actions to take based on the analysis findings.