Upgrade to Magento 2 for the Conway Shield online shop
Due to Magento 1.x support expiration we were asked for the migration to Magento 2.
How to upgrade Magento 2?
There were a few steps:
- the new theme design – we worked with their creative agency on the designs and built a new theme.
- the data migration – The major work was linked with the data migration and some custom extensions. We also migrated the Shield builder and Pet tag builder – our custom configurators.
- the extensions and custom plugins migration
- a new hosting and security setup
During the project, we also added security patches and upgraded Magento shop extensions a few times till the launch date on January 3, 2021.
We have still been supporting this shop after the Magento 2 migration.
wanted to upgrade to Magento 2 due to the lack of support of Magento 1.x.
We helped with their online shop theme update, Magento 2 migration, extensions upgrade and the data migration.
- Creating, updating or refreshing theme, logos, banners
- upgrade to Magento 2.x
- extensions upgrade and installation
- Elastic Search, Rambit MQ
- Shield Builder upgrade and new features adding
- the data migration
- the shop optimization – SEO, speed, Cloudflare integration
- integration with 3rd party solutions, including ERP
We spent 10 months on custom coding and fixing issues with the theme and upgrades.
This Magento 2 migration project was quite complicated due to many solutions and 3rd party integrations.
- Magento 2
- API Soap/Rest