Magento 2 is the best open-source content management system for e-commerce websites created in 2007. We think it is the best online open-source shopping platform nowadays.
In May 2018 it was announced that Magento would be acquired by Adobe for $1.68bn with a view to integrating it into Adobe Experience Cloud, its Enterprise CMS platform. The acquisition was finalized on June 19, 2018.
According to the research conducted by aheadWorks in 2017, Magento’s market share among the 30 most popular e-commerce platforms is about second place 19-25% ( per segment), Woocommerce is the leader now( especially for small shops).
By Magento data – ca. 450,000 sites ( August 2018) are using this platform. Please look at our blog post What is Magento market share in 2015.
This is the reason that our customers choose Magento for their shopping platform as well as the Digideo team to build, develop, expand, or support their Magento.
Why Magento 2 is the best online shopping cms
- many version available: open source Magento 2 Community, Magento Commerce, part of Adobe Commerce Cloud, Business Intelligence Pro, Order Management, B2B
- eBay is based on Magento
- hundreds of built-in eCommerce features that other platforms don’t have
- many free of charge or very low-cost valuable extensions and plugins
- many good developers globally due to PHP, MySQL, and Zend framework usage
- many ready good, responsive templates available for free or below $100
- frequent security updates
- easiness to integrate with 3rd party software via API
Many great online shopping features in Magento 2
- multistore in one click
- multi-language versions in one click
- easy to edit pages, blocks, products data
- simple, configurable, virtual, downloadable, and grouped products
- inventory management
- advanced pricing rules setup: product tiers, by a different type of customer, etc.
- related products, upsell products, x-sell products
- moderated customer reviews
- built-in layered navigation with possibilities to easily filter products by color, size, prices, etc
- many shipping options: free shipping, UPS, DHL, etc.
- many payment gates options: hundreds globally – credit cards, Paypal, Authorizenet, etc.
- SEO optimized – but still needs your work to update all meta tags and alt tags
We’ve worked with ca. 50 Magento stores of all shapes and sizes, across different industries and types of projects ( 100 – 300,000 products). In addition to consulting for migrating/upgrading to Magento, I also provide a consultancy and guidance around generally getting more from the platform in terms of the native feature-set, extensions, and integrating with third parties, especially CRMs, ERP ( like Zoho Inventory, Sage 50/100, Agile CRM, Salesforce), marketing automation tools ( Mailchimp, Zoho CRM, Salesmanago, Agile CRM, Sumo, Nosto), planning large pieces of development work and helping to manage the project. I also help with requirements gathering and running RFPs.
Digideo Magento 2 Services
Your new Magento shop development
This is our process:
- collecting requirements
- building a project plan and team
- building an e-commerce organization or a client’s awareness for a new team
- developing a custom made Magento shop with theme and extensions
- integrating with 3rd party software like CRM, ERP, shipping, etc.
- setting Google Analytics , Tag Manager, Adobe Marketing Cloud, etc.
Upgrade to Magento 2.x
We help with the migration plan and development. Some of the features are already built-in, some of them have extensions, some features require custom coding. More information is here
Your shop migration to Magento or from Magento
We help with the fast and reliable migration to Magento Open Source or migration from Magento to Shopify or Woocommerce.
Marketing Automation in eCommerce
- setting customer reviews tools
- setting upsells and x-sells – automated tools like Quarticon, Nosto.
- adding your shop to Afterbuy.de or baselinker.com for easier and faster omnichannel management
- setting marketing automation rules for abandoned carts, customer types, campaigns, and promotions
- email marketing setting ( Mailchimp, Getresponse, Zoho Campaigns, Hubspot or Yesware, Sumo)
Integration with ERP or CRM
Nowadays any online shop cannot exist without the CRM and ERP systems. We also help with integration via API or plugin. Please check our software solutions offer.
IT Operations - Technical Support
- typical operational tasks like logs cleaning, cron tasks’ checking
- updates, upgrades
- security patches
- new enhancements
Please visit our Technical Support page.
We are a specialized Magento 2 consulting company. Our services are focused purely on resolving problems and are ad-hoc, based on a flat hourly rate.
We also specialize in upgrading services
Digideo team tends to take full Magento 1/2 eCommerce consulting projects as well as act as an extension to in-house development resources or agencies.
If you have any questions about our experience or how we work, please contact us.