Magento 2 is the best open-source content management system for e-commerce websites created in 2007. We think it is the best online open-source shopping platform nowadays.
In May 2018 it was announced that Magento would be acquired by Adobe for $1.68bn with a view to integrating it into Adobe Experience Cloud, its Enterprise CMS platform. The acquisition was finalized on June 19, 2018.
According to the research conducted by aheadWorks in 2017, Magento’s market share among the 30 most popular e-commerce platforms is about second place 19-25% ( per segment), Woocommerce is the leader now( especially for small shops).
By Magento data – ca. 450,000 sites ( August 2018) are using this platform. Please look at our blog post What is Magento market share in 2015.
This is the reason that our customers choose Magento for their shopping platform as well as the Digideo team to build, develop, expand, or support their Magento.
Why Magento 2 is the best online shopping cms
- many version available: open source Magento 2 Community, Magento Commerce, part of Adobe Commerce Cloud, Business Intelligence Pro, Order Management, B2B
- eBay is based on Magento
- hundreds of built-in eCommerce features that other platforms don’t have
- many free of charge or very low-cost valuable extensions and plugins
- many good developers globally due to PHP, MySQL, and Zend framework usage
- many ready good, responsive templates available for free or below $100
- frequent security updates
- easiness to integrate with 3rd party software via API
- many great online shopping features:
- multistore in one click
- multi-language versions in one click
- easy to edit pages, blocks, products data
- simple, configurable, virtual, downloadable, and grouped products
- inventory management
- advanced pricing rules setup: product tiers, by a different type of customer, etc.
- related products, upsell products, x-sell products
- moderated customer reviews
- built-in layered navigation with possibilities to easily filter products by color, size, prices, etc
- many shipping options: free shipping, UPS, DHL, etc.
- many payment gates options: hundreds globally – credit cards, Paypal, Authorizenet, etc.
- SEO optimized – but still needs your work to update all meta tags and alt tags