Conway Shield shop upgraded to Magento 2 – migration to the AWS
We worked on the Magento 1.8.1 upgrade to Magento 2.5
The project required many additional work:
- data migration – customers, sales, orders, invoices,
- plugins upgrade or custom development
- banners update
- a new theme adjustment
- the shield builder adding to the new site
- the Cloudflare services configuration and adding
- SEO optimization after the migration to the AWS cloud
It took 1.5 year to publish it live on the Nexcess servers in January 2020.
Conway Shield shop migration to the AWS
After 2 years we upgraded the Magento shop to 2.3.7-p2 version and migrated to the AWS hosting due to the higher hosting requirements not met in the current provider servers.
AWS cloud simply allows to calibrate the instances and databases for our needs.
We use many security tools to diminish the hacking attempts impacts which are really common nowadays.
We use optimization tools available on AWS, like load balancers, caching services, etc.
Overall the shop loading time is lower 3 times than on Nexcess servers. It is worth to invest in AWS.
If you are looking for a similar migration or upgrade, please contact us
is a small business company who sells products for firemen, security guards and other organization. They produce famous firemen shields.
It is mainly B2B business.
We helped with their online shop upgrade to Magento 2 and next to newer versions.
- upgrading Magento to Magento 2.3.5, next 2.3.6, etc.
- creating, updating or refreshing theme, logos, banners and a lot of coding in their Magento platform. The new theme uses Ajax and old extensions had to be upgraded/updated.
- integration with their ERP and mailing tools
- integration with payment and shipping methods
- the data migration – the most time consuming part
We spent 1.5 year for the upgrading project and data migration.
- API Soap/Rest