Tag Archive for: video
Leveraging Replicating Global Content is a key savings factor for global and regional companies.
You heard that “Content is a King” is a main slogan for 2014.
After 10 months I will fully agree with this statement.
But sometimes I feel overwhelmed with many newsletters and poor posts.
Simply some people think that it is enough to post something on regular basis with key words and it will help.
I noticed many online tools that monitor what is popular on twitter, facebook or google and suggest some posts.
Yes, it is true. There are specialized companies in such posts creation for very small amount of money.
Good content means many followers, many clicks and likes on many portals.
Good posts need attention and time.
You know that content management is really important element for any company.
It is important for small local businesses, as well as for mid-sized companies and especially for global companies.
We are in process of globalization. It means that majority of the same products are used in many countries. The usage is the same, the technical specification, functional specification can be used in all countries that our company operates with some local legal modifications and restrictions.
Only European Union has 24 languages. Our world uses over 120 languages globally.
It means that global companies have to prepare many operational and marketing materials for different markets.
What is a “content” for your company and your customers
It is the basic question you need to answer first.
1. website information
2. whitepapers – services and product presentation
3. videos – tutorials, product presentations
4. podcasts – interviews with CEO
5. catalogs – product catalogs
6. internal communication
Leveraging & Replicating Global Content
next step is to find out the most common and neutral content that can be shared in different languages.
You should always remember about search engines optimization. It means that such content should be properly described with meta tags, alt tags, key words, microdata, richdata.
there are a couple of translations software, systems that can help you with majority of your localization tasks.
smartling.com – for smaler companies
Crowdin.com – very good for websites
transifex.com- applications only
star-group.net – for global corporations
sdlintl.com – most known with huge experience platform ( over 10 years on market)
Some nice videos that present social media and customer vs. producer relationship.
Sometimes it is really simple – Listen, Communicate, Share, Help others.
To create your own social media strategy consider the below 6 steps:
- Educate yourself with social media: social networking sites, blogs, wikis, community forums and RSS syndication. Business leaders are experimenting with new methods to communicate in a bi-directional exchange, and to engage the customer to share knowledge.
- Determine whether your target market is getting social. Many types of products and services, online reviews become the most sought after and trusted source for accelerating buyer education and short-listing product finalists.
- Find out how to align your strategic objectives with social media tools and technologies. For example if your objectives include increasing the marketing budget ROI, generating more qualified leads, growing customer share or decreasing customer churn, you should be able to find a direct and measurable link between social media tools and achieving your objectives.
- Leverage case studies and the successes of others to replicate your own social media accomplishments.
- Start a blog. Social customers want open and transparent access to the executive ranks of their solution providers. Blog is a simple and effective communication channel to engage your target market and make the social relationship with customers.
- Start using crm software and linkage to social media portals like twitter clients below:
- TweetDeck, www.tweetdeck.com
- Tweetie, www.atebits.com
- HootSuite, www.hootsuite.com
- Twhirl, www.twhirl.org
- Twitterfon, www.twitterfon.net
- Seesmic, www.seesmic.com
- Ping.fm, www.ping.fm
- UberTwitter, www.ubertwitter.com
- Twitterrific, www.twitterrific.com
- TwitterFox, www.twitterfox.net
- twAitter, www.twaitter.com
Good tips about social media from other blogs: