Landing page that converts – Beth Morgan offers great tips for the landing page elements
The beginning of 2015 year always is a good time for summaries and thinking about trends. I think that the biggest Trend 2015 – Internet of things will very fast change the business environment.
In Polish version of our blog, I added e-commerce trends for 2015.
I missed adding this point – Internet of things.
Even this term is quite old, its value grows year by year. Previously it was mainly linked with intelligent houses, with home appliances that share data in the home network.
According to Gartner, Inc. (a technology research and advisory corporation), there will be nearly 26 billion devices on the Internet of Things by 2020. ABI Research estimates that more than 30 billion devices will be wirelessly connected to the Internet of Things (Internet of Everything) by 2020.
Wikipedia. Internet of Things
Now with Big Data and cloud computing, it rapidly moves to business tools and business environment.
What Internet of things means for your internal environment
There are a couple of aspects that will appear in your business environment:
- your systems – ERP, CRM, business analytics, BIS – can be accessed and managed from different devices: tablets, smartphones, PC, laptops, PDA. You will know how, when and where these systems are used. It will speed up operations and lower costs for further development of your systems.
- your employees will be more flexible with everywhere location. You don’t need them at the office all the time.
- your employees will have access to amazing data from your product usage that will help in product/services development. 3D printing helps with rapid prototyping.
- it will change also your cooperation with vendors because of wireless sensor networks, control systems, automation. I think that some businesses will go into closer cooperation and data sharing.
- there will be a need for investment into big data, cloud computing, data processing, and storage. Of course, the security is another aspect.
- Cloud computing enables the creation of “dumb” (simpler, cheaper) devices, with all the intelligence process in the cloud. Big data tools, often open sourced, enable the processing of massive amounts of data captured by the devices and will play a crucial role.
What Internet of things means for your products and consumers
- your product can be more intelligent with the full set of services around it. Some producers will create more sophisticated products with many additional services like game consoles previously. Now it can be done in many businesses
- Intelligent shopping systems where product information, stock, and prices are offered to consumers based on their style and preferences like Google search suggestions.
- such technology could grant motion-picture publishers much more control over end-user private devices by enforcing remotely copyright restrictions and digital restrictions management
- the support system for products can be changed because your intelligent products can provide your more data and create additional services for your clients, on the other a new source of income for you. An example: automobiles with built-in sensors, medical equipment that can monitor and send data
- currently 70% of consumers are using many different devices before final purchase online or offline. Simply they use tablets, smartphones or laptops for searching and buying products. You can get the data what devices they use and propose more accurate description or better offer for them.
and many others new business models will appear. Some huge companies have already invested in this trend.
I have only one point – our freedom and how it will have an impact on us.