Are Your eCommerce Marketing Channels efficient? Yes, it is always a space for improvement.
Here’s a brief breakdown of three critical pillars that will help you deliver an outstanding customer experience:
- Personalize experiences. Now that D2C brands can engage directly with their customers, these brands need to deliver relevant content informed by past exchanges. Research studies concluded that personalized recommendations compel 49% of customers to buy something they did not intend to purchase from a brand they were doing business with,
- Optimize the customer journey. Every touchpoint of the brand that customers have has to be optimized. This can be done by mapping and reviewing every touchpoint from a customer perspective, and not from an internal business one.
- Safeguard customers’ personal information. Customers absolutely demand that you safeguard and protect their data if you want to earn their trust.
Let me end this section with one of my favorite laws – in the book The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing – which is the law of the mind:
“It’s not important to be the first in the market but the first in the mind of consumers.”
Recently I read many great posts from Sumo.com. It is another great tool with a very good blog that I read frequently. Their authors provide real cases and use them for online shops.
E-COMMERCE MARKETING CHANNELS
Today, there are so many marketing channels you could be using: email, content, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, SEO, affiliates, SMS, chatbots, and influencers.
But the key to success is to not get overwhelmed. Focus on one to three channels, master them, and then add in more channels.
Which three channels should you focus on?
From our experience, there are three marketing channels that are fundamental to eCommerce success:
Here are the marketing channels you can use to grow your eCommerce business, with instructions for each channel development from Sumo.com:
- Email Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Facebook Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Instagram Marketing
- Pinterest Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Link Building
- SMS Marketing
- Chatbot Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
BEST PRACTICES in E-COMMERCE MARKETING
Check out the best practices you can use to grow your business:
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- Mobile Optimization Best Practices
- UX / Testing / Design Best Practices
- Ecommerce Paid Social Best Practices: Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
eCommerce Marketing Plan
These articles provide extensive knowledge and tips on what you should use in your eCommerce marketing.
- Ecommerce Marketing Plan
- Ecommerce Marketing Funnel – we help to optimize it and use marketing automation
- Ecommerce Marketing Strategies
- Ecommerce Marketing Ideas
- Ecommerce Marketing Tools
The goal is to keep and boost sales in these strange times. Not all tactics are useful for each industry and the type of product you sell.
If you master these three, everything else will become easier.
But I think the real examples are the best teachers. Sumo provides them in a massive way.
We also help to scale and automate the processes.