Do we need a strategy? Do we need to have a market intelligence competency?
Yes, it is really important nowadays:
- detailed plan,
- fast implementation,
- fast reaction on changes
- and most boring – process analysis, testing and optimisation, and once again implementation into real operations
Is it a something more difficult than commercial creation or any promotional gadget preparation?
The answer is YES.
Why is it so important?
Because it gives a short and long term strength for your company.
Why is it so unique and most marketing agencies don’t want to propose it to its clients?
Because they want to present fast solutions for marketing departments – a beautiful commercial on the first page in newspaper. But what about customers? What do they need?
Yesterday I read a great article about Generation Y born 1980-1996 and “Cool brands stay hot”
It looks that not only me and my friends are overloaded with information, the same marketing tactics and push sales.
Digideo’s marketing strategy process looks very fast:
1. questions and questions – Every industry has its own specifics. Every company has a different situation – internally and externally, its age and development potentials. It means every company is unique and needs unique solutions:
- what you did previously? how?
- what results did you achieve from specific actions?
- how much is the new customer acquisition?
- what is the retention?
- how much does your client pay you in average?
- what is the cost of serving this customer? – it is a very rare knowledge. Simply many companies don’t know this cost. I can analyse it as well.
- what services you have?
- what services did you customer use more often?
- did you try to contact your previous customers that used your services?
- who else is in your environment? contractors, subcontractors, the supply chain, etc?
2. meeting with key employees
3. clarifying the goal and the scope of strategy after interviews
4. analyzing the situation: including competitors, SWOT
5. building strategy for particular goal with measures and KPI for processes
6. creating the high level strategy implementation plan = like a project plan with measures
It will take 2-4 weeks for small companies. For huge multinational companies – 2-3 months.
Why is it important to spend a time for it?
1. it gives you a direction, vision and knowledge about yourself and competition, environment around you
2. it sets goals and plan how to achieve them
3. it can look at your processes from outside and help in better performance, cost cutting for example
4. it will help in analyzing you current activities – ROI, efficiency, quality and result for company
5. and many others
1. TIME – yes – you need to find a time for me, for this job
2. COST – yes – it costs
3. changing environment – yes – it has to be reviewed after a particular period of time – half a year or quarter.
No man is an island, entire of itself every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were any man’s death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls it tolls for thee. ~ John Donne
It is a great beginning of our understanding what the social network means.
Not only online social network but overall – our family, close friends, friends from school, from work, friends from our societies, people that we meet everyday on the street and on our way to work.
We are connected.
What is the main goal of social network?
1. deeper relationship or
2. better understanding of ourselves and brands
3. building our image or keeping it
4. getting more relations?
I think these are the main goals of being there – in facebook, twitter, goldenline, linkedin, pinterest.com etc.
the question is what our strategy should be in such world
Think about it positively
It can help you in your life by: getting better products, better services, better customers, better knowledge, trusted reviews.
Of course you can feel some manipulation. But you are wise and you will know when it happens.
Not all companies want to spend their money in social network because of time, because of difficulty to maintain the interest.
We have the same problems. On the other hand our clients and friends prefer get better information form time to time.
Maybe your clients would like to get it on quarterly basis for example.
Try to understand their needs and expectations. They will come back to you.
Nobody like spamming.