Tag Archive for: web consultancy
. Today I read an interesting article on HBR about negative feedback.
I don’t want to copy their thoughts but I would like to add my own ones.
Currently we afraid about negative people, negative feedback, negative emotions, etc. I see it like a “positive trend” that it is not always a positive and good for us and our businesses. Of course there is another trend in social media and online media overall – haters…- people that hate everything, comment with anger, envy,etc. We can easily find such examples in our world.
On the other hand we forget about the constructive critique than brings development and changes our world in a positive way. All inventions come from a critique of a lack of some needs fulfillment and dreams.
I don’t think here about the straight critique of people’s work, talents or their traits that can damage a very fragile person and stop her/his development. It has to be done in a very tactful way. Everybody is unique with his/her skills, talents and experience. We have to respect each other but also constantly develop our skills. Young people should learn it especially. The competition is growing rapidly. They have to compete with all global generation that has similar skills and possibilities.
I think here about the critique of company processes, customer service, products.
The business consultancy is something like that – we look at the company’s issue and analyse, criticize and recommend solutions.
Our customers are our consultant very often. Simply we forget about it.
Recently I had a B2B client that lost his 70% customers. Of course he wanted to know why.
After small talks to his team, I got information that all his team members knew about this change half a year before their customers left. Can you imagine?
And they didn’t do anything to stop or find out why. The employees thought that their services/products are too expensive in comparison to the competition. But they didn’t ask straightforward their customers if they were satisfied or not.
This is the reason if your company gets the direct critique or feedback, it is a positive act.
Simply you can change something faster or prepare yourself for changes ( if they are long lasting like a needed investment). You can get loyal customers if you can help them and solve their problems.
If employees of the company that I described before shared the information and knowledge with his boss, they would prevent a situation of losing rapidly 70% of customers. Maybe they could change their products, price list, internal processes or prepare themselves for new ones, or postpone their leaving.You can imagine how difficult is to get new customers, how costly it is and time consuming in B2B service.
After my analysis we found out that not only too high price was the main issue.
There were others:
- lack of flexibility in solving issues
- poor customer service – answering after 24 hours; lack of nice atmosphere and simply chatting that customers needed
- lack of regular reviews of customer portfolio: most profitable customers, most demanding vs. cost, time spent
- lack of effort of getting new customers
- lack of regular promotions and marketing activities
- lack of investment in online tools that people prefer now
- and many others
Social marketing can help in getting some trends for your business if you plan a long term business. You can learn what people like, what is interesting, how to engage them, even they are not your customers now because of their age.
I see that the most important is your product and service. If you can excel and present it in a marvelous way, you will win. People love unique and great designed things. Look at Apple, Samsung, Boca do Lobo. They have all these parts plus great operational processes.
I wish you and myself to get to such level.:)
Some nice videos that present social media and customer vs. producer relationship.
Sometimes it is really simple – Listen, Communicate, Share, Help others.
To create your own social media strategy consider the below 6 steps:
- Educate yourself with social media: social networking sites, blogs, wikis, community forums and RSS syndication. Business leaders are experimenting with new methods to communicate in a bi-directional exchange, and to engage the customer to share knowledge.
- Determine whether your target market is getting social. Many types of products and services, online reviews become the most sought after and trusted source for accelerating buyer education and short-listing product finalists.
- Find out how to align your strategic objectives with social media tools and technologies. For example if your objectives include increasing the marketing budget ROI, generating more qualified leads, growing customer share or decreasing customer churn, you should be able to find a direct and measurable link between social media tools and achieving your objectives.
- Leverage case studies and the successes of others to replicate your own social media accomplishments.
- Start a blog. Social customers want open and transparent access to the executive ranks of their solution providers. Blog is a simple and effective communication channel to engage your target market and make the social relationship with customers.
- Start using crm software and linkage to social media portals like twitter clients below:
- TweetDeck, www.tweetdeck.com
- Tweetie, www.atebits.com
- HootSuite, www.hootsuite.com
- Twhirl, www.twhirl.org
- Twitterfon, www.twitterfon.net
- Seesmic, www.seesmic.com
- Ping.fm, www.ping.fm
- UberTwitter, www.ubertwitter.com
- Twitterrific, www.twitterrific.com
- TwitterFox, www.twitterfox.net
- twAitter, www.twaitter.com
Good tips about social media from other blogs:
Delivering an e-commerce project with success is not an easy task. E-commerce project management is complicated, with many potential challenges involved.
Last couple of months, we worked on several e-commerce projects, and there was always a problem with understanding the complexity on my client’s side.
We had to start with education and some initial planning first.
Very often, we get an inquiry that our potential client wants to have an online shop:
- he has an xxx budget but
- there is no list of requirements – “please tell me what I need and what the best solution is for me.”
- only it should look beautiful and professional.
- it should have this and this payment gateway and this and this shipping method
- it has to be done in 1-2 months
There are some elements you need to consider once you decide to invest your time and money in a new online shop:
- Project planning and resourcing
- Stakeholder support and managing expectations
- Defining requirements
- Supplier selection and service levels of support ( very often missed)
Consumers do not tolerate lousy web experiences anymore. Quite only, you have to do it in the right way.
Small and medium businesses
always have many constraints: time, money, capacity. But small businesses are most flexible and adaptive to any changes in the environment.
The main problem is choosing the best platform and solution. Such medium should be prepared for at leats two years of operating.
- There are hundreds of solutions that can be used here
- The solution should be flexible and adaptable to new conditions, like social media sales, mobile sales
- start-ups simply don’t know what to expect from the solution, what basic features should be implemented
- Because it is difficult to migrate to a new platform from time to time and predict the increase in sales in the next 1-2 years.
Digideo helps with analyzing e-commerce solutions and propose the best one.
The next step is to choose the right supplier. You need to prepare the evaluation list with some points that are important for you: secure, experienced, professional, reliable, registered, no dept, international, local, global, with support 24/7 days or not, etc.
Why is it so important? Our experience shows that there are many unreliable suppliers, freelancers that can hurt your business. Recently we helped our clients to fix security gaps and backdoors left by such developers.
Please remember that it is a really insecure and dangerous situation for your customers, too. Somebody can steal their credit card numbers and personal data.
Client-side professionals can play a significant role in the whole process:
- Find the right supplier for your business
- Manage internal expectations and set realistic expectations
- Deliver on time and on-budget
- Deliver a return on investment – yes, it is a massive investment of time
Now we can start the project:
- collect requirements
- setting a project plan
- managing project
Supplier-side professionals play a crucial role during the whole project:
- Building credibility through a more customer-centric approach
- Reducing client churn, increase customer retention
- Delivering on time and budget
We help with all these steps. Please look at our project management offer.