The personalization in online shopping has a rapidly growing importance in digital marketing. The major efforts of digital marketers are now put on customers engagement on their websites or online shops.
Keep your clients! Don’t lose them!
In 2014 we started to cooperate with Quarticon, the customized product recommendation tool in online shopping.
Since that time I noticed many new tools and solutions in this area.
More and more online shops think and introduce the personalization of their offer, promotions, and coupons.
They go into Amazon’s direction that personalizes everything – even categories, product recommendations, category recommendations, and emails.
I started to analyze the available solutions for my clients and this is what I found currently on the market (updated on Feb. 25, 2019).
All of them present great numbers of growing conversion rates. I don’t want to go deeper into it.
Let’s come back to the purchasing process:
- how it looks like and
- why a content personalization is one of the tools available for online shops and websites.
- Next, I will present shortly the most popular personalization tools.
The purchasing process
Online purchasing path should be very similar for all shops.
There are a couple of ways you can direct your potential customers to your website: via online search, paid search, price comparison services, referrals or directly if they already know your brand, products, and website.
Next, you build your website with all SEO, usability, IT and marketing best practices. Your potential customer has only 3 clicks to buy.
And you don’t understand why they don’t buy.
The answer is more complicated than you think and used to be in the past.
It can be:
- your competition that has better prices or product offer
- your online website issues that somebody cannot buy because of errors or wrong links
- and finally the changes in customer habits:
- they buy after visiting your website 4-5 times and watching many times your product pages.