Our habits are changing all the time. The multidevice online searches are really common activity. We use many electronic devices that are connected to Internet at home, at work. As a consequence search engines started monitor our online searches and our behaviour.
According Google – the tablets and smartphones changed the web searching experience:
77% of mobile searches are in a location (home or work) where people are likely to have a
PC available to them.
Source: Mobile Search Moments Study
90% of multiple device owners switch between screens to complete tasks.
Source: The New Multi-Screen World
According Google data our multivice online searches have changed our habits importantly, especially in e-commerce area.
Please look at the infographic below:
PDF version – multi-screen-world-infographic_infographics
I saw also other researches that presented a purchase process by using different devices.
Simply the outcome of multidevice purchasing was following:
- if a customer see the same product offer on many devices correctly, she/he will be more willing to buy. This pre-purchasing activity will help in taking decision. 67% of Internet users are buying by using many devices in the same time.
- if a customer sees too many products at your offer on PC, you can differentiate this offer by mobile device – less products on tablets, lesser products on smartphone website.
- you can combine multichannel sales to present better offer.
- usability of websites on different devices is a key factor of success
- the great content, great offer – it is another surplus!
More targeted offer – the less risk and higher conversion of sales